Terms & Conditions
Terms and Conditions – Updated 24th August 2023
- THESE TERMS AND CONDITIONS FORM A CONTRACT BETWEEN YOU AND US AND SET OUT THE LEGAL BASIS FOR YOUR STAY AT HERDING HILL FARM. YOUR PAYMENT OF THE DEPOSIT IS YOUR UNCONDITIONAL AGREEMENT TO THESE TERMS AND CONDITIONS. IF YOU DO NOT AGREE TO THESE TERMS AND CONDITIONS YOU WILL BE UNABLE TO STAY WITH US AND YOU SHOULD CONTACT US IMMEDIATELY ON 01434 320175.
- THE SITE RULES FORM PART OF THIS CONTRACT. These will be provided to you upon booking and you can find them at:
If we change the Site Rules between the date of your booking and the date of your arrival, and if you are not willing to accept the changes, then you can cancel your booking and we will give you a full refund.
If you are in breach of these terms and conditions; or if you or anyone in your group break the Site Rules, in particular our Noise policy, then we may reluctantly ask your group to leave Herding Hill Farm. If we do this, then we will not refund either your Deposit or your Final Payment and you and your group must leave Herding Hill Farm immediately. If this happens, we will have no liability to you for any costs which you incur as a result of the early termination of this contract. For example, we will not be liable to reimburse you for the cost of finding alternative accommodation and/or transportation costs. Nor will we be liable to compensate you for any disappointment or other similar emotions which you may feel.
- In these terms and conditions:
“we”, “our”, “us” and similar words mean WCF Ltd (company number 02263148) T/A Herding Hill Farm, located at Herding Hill Farm, Shield Hill, Haltwhistle, NE49 9NW, whose registered office is at Crawhall, Brampton, Cumbria, CA8 1TN;
“you”, “your” and similar words means the person making the booking for accommodation at Herding Hill Farm;
“Deposit” means the amount you pay to us when you make your booking, which is 25% of the total payable. The purpose of this payment is to reserve your accommodation at Herding Hill Farm. Please ensure that you have appropriate holiday insurance cover for cancellations;
“Final Payment” means the 75% balance of your payment to Us for your accommodation. The Final Payment must be paid not less than 30 days before the date of your planned arrival;
“Parties” means groups of eight or more people staying on one or more units at Herding Hill Farm for purpose of celebrating an event or groups under the age of 25. For example, stag or hen parties. Herding Hill Farm is a quiet family site and is not suitable for Parties. We reserve the right to ask Parties to leave Herding Hill Farm. If this happens then no refund will be given.
- Booking Alterations – these cannot be made without our agreement. We will try to accept small changes in accommodation type or group members when reasonably possible and at our discretion.
- Additional Needs - Guests with additional needs and requirements are welcome, we request that you contact us in advance before you book on 01434 320175 to ensure that we have suitable accommodation for you. Our Access Statement can be found online at https://herdinghillfarm.co.uk/accessibility.html. Some accommodation may not be suitable for holidaymakers with wheelchairs or mobility difficulties and there is a large amount of gravel on site. If you don’t tell us your additional needs prior to booking, we can’t be held responsible if you book something that is not suitable. We will try to accommodate any additional needs or requirements but can’t guarantee we will always be able to.
- Cancellation by Us - Very occasionally, we may have to cancel your booking. If we have to do so we will tell you as soon as possible and you can choose either to have a full refund, or accept any alternative arrangements offered to you, or book another holiday with us at the current price. We will have no further liability to you for this.
- Cancellation as a result of Covid-19 Government Restrictions – We are committed to keeping our guests and our employees safe and ask you not to book if the law prevents you from visiting or staying with us, or if Government guidance means you should not visit or stay with us even if you are not legally prohibited from doing so. There may also be circumstances in which we are required to close the site or need to cancel your holiday. Either of us have the right to cancel your holiday, or any full unused days, if the law prevents you from staying with us, or completing your holiday or if current Government guidance is such that to travel would be unwise. If your holiday has not started, then we will seek your agreement to move your booking to a later date or refund your booking in full. If your holiday has started, then we will refund in full any days unused.
- Cancellation by You – We would like our guests to be able to book with us with confidence. If you are unable to travel for any reason, where possible, and with your agreement, we will re-schedule your booking subject to availability. If you cancel your booking for any reason more than one week before the date of your planned arrival and we are unable to re-schedule and you have booked with us direct, we will refund any payments made less your Deposit. If you cancel your Booking less than one week before the date of your planned arrival (for any reason that is not Covid-19 related), we will seek to re-schedule, however if this is not possible neither your Deposit nor your Final Payment will be refundable. If you have booked via a third-party, please check their terms and conditions as we may deduct any commissions paid from any refund due.
- If you choose to leave Herding Hill Farm before your scheduled date and time for departure for any reason other than Covid-19 Government restrictions no refund will be given. This includes if you leave because the weather is bad.
- Changes to our amenities and services – Whilst we will always try to have all our facilities available to the extent we reasonably can, we may make reasonable changes to the amenities, facilities and services at the site provided these changes do not materially reduce their quality. Our changes may reflect changes in relevant laws and regulatory requirements or implement minor technical adjustments and improvements to address specific areas of Health and Safety.
This may involve the temporary closure of our sauna or children’s playground or the suspension of animal feeding. All facilities advertised on our website are subject to availability and may not always be available during your stay. Where possible, we will inform guests of such changes in advance of their booking. Where we have been unable to inform guests in advance of their booking and where such changes materially reduce the quality of our amenities and services, we will give you the choice to re-schedule or cancel your booking, in which case you will receive a full refund of any Deposit or Final Payment made.
- Well-behaved dogs are welcome at Herding Hill Farm but must be kept on a short lead at all times when on the site and be under appropriate control when on our dog walk. No dangerous breeds allowed. Please ensure that you always immediately clean up after your dog, even on the dog walk, using the dog waste bins provided, and be considerate to the needs of others. Please do not allow your dog to foul the grassed areas of the site.
- Guests should check when booking that the accommodation they have booked is dog friendly. We reserve the right to require anyone who brings a dog or other pet into our non-designated pet lodges, static or glamping accommodation to remove it from the site or leave immediately with no refund. Maximum 2 dogs per tent or touring pitch or in our dog friendly accommodation, with the exception of our dog friendly Castle Pods where maximum 1 dog is allowed. Dogs should never be left unattended either inside the accommodation or in your pitch as they may become distressed or allowed to bother other guests. Please ensure that your dogs do not trouble the animals at the Petting Farm. Please do not allow your dogs onto any beds or furniture within our accommodation. No dogs allowed in either of our amenity blocks.
- Walls, trees and fences must not be climbed up, on or over.
- The children’s playground must not be used before 9am or after 9pm or dusk in the Winter months. You are responsible for children in your group at all times when they are at Herding Hill Farm, including when they are on the playground. Please ensure they are supervised and respect the privacy of guests in the adjoining pitches.
- We do not provide any supervision at the playground or at the Petting Farm and by allowing your children to use the playground and visit the Petting Farm, you are agreeing that you will continue to supervise them and to take responsibility for their behaviour whilst in the playground or Petting Farm. You are responsible for ensuring that you and anyone in your group who touches an animal in the Petting Farm, washes afterwards. Please do not feed the animals.
- We do not provide any supervision of the hot tubs at Herding Hill Farm. You use the hot tub at your own risk and you are responsible for the safety of you and your group when using the hot tub. Please ensure that you read the hot tub safety guidance before using the tub.
- There is a pond at Herding Hill Farm. We do not provide any supervision of the pond. Swimming and paddling in the pond is not safe and is not permitted. Entry into the environs of the pond is at your own risk and you are responsible for the safety of you and your group when there.
- We are not responsible for your property whilst it is at Herding Hill Farm. We will not be liable to you for any loss or damage to your property howsoever it is caused unless it is caused by our deliberate or negligent act.
- You must not sublet your accommodation or any part of it during your stay or transfer your booking to anyone else.
- We will give the keys to your accommodation to you at the beginning of your stay and collect the keys at the end of your stay.
- You must leave the accommodation in a clean and tidy condition at the end of your stay and check out in accordance with our Site Rules. Delayed check-out causes inconvenience to both our site wardens and to arriving guests.
- You agree to adhere to any Covid-19 government restrictions or guidelines displayed around the site or provided to you in advance of your visit to protect the health, safety and welfare of yourself, fellow guests and our site wardens.
- Any faults damage or breakages must be reported as soon as possible to us and you must pay for the cost of any negligent or wilful damage or breakages caused by you or your group.
- We retain the right to enter the holiday accommodation at any time.
- No fires or firepits allowed unless the firepit is provided by us (at a hire charge). BBQ’s must only to be used off the ground and well away from benches, Wigwams, decking or tents and must be of an approved type that is fit for purpose. Please do not allow your charcoal BBQ to char the grass.
- All our accommodation is non-smoking and smoking and use of E-cigarettes are not permitted in any accommodation.
- At the current time we do not charge extra for guests to charge their electric vehicles at their pitch or accommodation but reserve the right to change this policy at any time. Guests are encouraged to charge their electric vehicles at the designated EV charging station on site. If touring guests wish to charge their vehicle at their pitch or accommodation this MUST be plugged in to mains plug socket in their accommodation and not directly into the electricity bollard at the pitch. Guests should also be aware that only a trickle charge is available when using the campsite power supply. Our wardens can direct guests to the closest EV charging station if the one on site is occupied.
- The use of generators is not permitted at any time.
- As Herding Hill Farm a rural location, Wi-Fi speeds can vary. We do not guarantee that Wi-Fi will be available at all times during your stay and we do not accept any liability to you for any losses which may be caused by there being either no or inadequate Wi-Fi during your stay for whatever reason.
- The total number in your group (including children and babies) must not exceed the maximum capacity of the accommodation or pitch. We reserve the right to ask any guests not declared at the time of booking to leave immediately. Only 1 tent per touring pitch allowed.
- We do not accept bookings from or allow anyone to stay who is listed on the Violent and Sex Offenders Register.
- Behaviour that is inappropriate, disruptive, noisy, offensive or likely to cause any harm or upset to other guests, staff or property will not be tolerated. If you are found to be disturbing other guests, we will ask you to leave and no refund will be given. We do not allow music on site at any time.
- Our liability to you. Nothing in these terms and conditions is intended to limit or exclude any liability which we may have to you for death or personal injury.
Caravans, Motorhomes and Camping
- Whilst we will endeavour to allocate you the pitch of your choice, this is not guaranteed, and acceptance of your booking is not conditional on the allocation of a particular pitch. Pitches are pre-allocated to guests ahead of their arrival. Please note that if you book additional nights accommodation whilst staying with us, particularly if you do it online without speaking with us first, that we cannot guarantee you will be allocated the same pitch.
- Caravan & Camping arrival is from 2pm. If you are going to arrive late than 8pm please let us know in advance so that there is somebody available to welcome you. After 10pm you may be asked to stay in the car park until the following morning to avoid disturbing other guests. Access to the site is controlled by security barrier. Pitches must be vacated by noon. You are welcome to stay longer if we can accommodate you and a small charge may be applicable, please ask us.
- The maximum occupancy of a tent/caravan pitch should not exceed the stated numbers for that type of tent, motorhome or caravan. Maximum number per pitch is 6 unless agreed with us by prior arrangement. All touring and tent pitches are quoted per night and include 1 vehicle and 2 adults. Please note we do not allow gazebos, toilet tents or pup tents. One car per pitch.
- Visitors are welcome. Please report to reception upon arrival to ensure that for safety and security reasons we know who is on site at any time. Space restrictions mean that we can only allow one vehicle per pitch and only one additional vehicle in the car park. A £5 per day charge applies for the additional vehicle. Parking spaces are operated on a first come basis.
Luxury Lodge and Castle Pods
- The Luxury Lodge and Castle Pods are no-smoking accommodation. No smoking or vaping is permitted anywhere inside the Luxury Lodge, including on the patio area or in the garden.
- Bed linen, towels and tea towel is supplied.
- Maximum 2 well behaved dogs allowed in the Luxury lodge and our dog friendly Castle Pods for an additional cleaning charge. Please ensure that you specify you have a dog at the time of booking.
- Check in time is 4pm onwards and must be vacated by 10am on the day of your departure. If you are going to arrive later than 8pm please let us know so that there is somebody available in advance to welcome you. Maximum 2 cars per lodge and maximum 1 per Castle Pod.
- To prevent noise disturbance to the rest of Herding Hill Farm, the hot tub is not to be used after 10.30pm.
- The Luxury Lodge is designed to accommodate six people. This includes a maximum of four adults. These limits must not be exceeded and if they are, we reserve the right to ask guests to leave at any time, in which case no refund will be given. Please ensure that you declare all guests at the time of booking.
- Our Castle Pods are for maximum 2 adults only. No children allowed in our Castle Pods.
- Whilst we will endeavour to allocate you the Castle Pod of your choice, this is not guaranteed. Acceptance of your booking is not conditional on the allocation of a particular Castle Pod.
- Arrival time for Wigwams is from 3pm. If you are going to arrive later than 8pm please let us know so that there is somebody available in advance to welcome you. After 10pm you will not be allowed to take your vehicle onto site until the following morning to avoid disturbing other guests. Wigwams must be vacated by 10am on the day of your departure.
- Please remember to bring your own crockery, bedding, towels and pillows unless you want to hire them from us (at a charge). We offer croc boxes and bed linen for hire at an additional charge.
- Wigwams are designed to accommodate a maximum of five people depending on the individual cabin specification highlighted on our website. This limit must not be exceeded and if they are we reserve the right to ask guests to leave at any time, in which case no refund will be given.
- Whilst we will endeavour to allocate you the Wigwam cabin of your choice, this is not guaranteed. Acceptance of your booking is not conditional on the allocation of a particular Wigwam cabin. You will always be allocated a Wigwam cabin of similar or higher standard to the one booked.
- Use of our hot tubs is subject to your acceptance of the terms and conditions of safe use outlined in our safety information which is located at the hot tub. Please take care when opening and closing the lid to avoid damage.
- Hot tubs must be booked for the whole duration of your stay. The hot tubs are for the use of the accommodation occupants only. The maximum occupancy of the hot tub must never be exceeded.
- Absolutely no glass to be taken into the hot tubs. Plastic glasses only.
- The tubs must be vacated by 10.30pm to avoid noise nuisance and for the safety of guests.
- A charge may be applied for any damage or excessive cleaning.
- No children under 5 are to use the hot tub and children under 14 must be accompanied by an adult at all times.