Terms & Conditions
Terms and Conditions – Updated 12th August 2019
- THESE TERMS AND CONDITIONS FORM A CONTRACT BETWEEN YOU AND US AND SET OUT THE LEGAL BASIS FOR YOUR STAY AT HERDING HILL FARM. YOUR PAYMENT OF THE DEPOSIT IS YOUR UNCONDITIONAL AGREEMENT TO THESE TERMS AND CONDITIONS. IF YOU DO NOT AGREE TO THESE TERMS AND CONDITIONS YOU WILL BE UNABLE TO STAY WITH US AND YOU SHOULD CONTACT US IMMEDIATELY ON 01434 320175.
- THE SITE RULES FORM PART OF THIS CONTRACT. You can find them at: https://www.herdinghillfarm.co.uk/on-site/our-campsite-code/
If we change the Site Rules between the date of your booking and the date of your arrival, and if you are not willing to accept the changes, then you can cancel your booking and we will give you a full refund.
If you are in breach of these terms and conditions; or if you or anyone in your group break the Site Rules, then we may reluctantly ask your group to leave Herding Hill Farm. If we do this then we will not refund either your Deposit or your Final Payment and you and your group must leave Herding Hill Farm immediately. If this happens we will have no liability to you for any costs which you incur as a result of the early termination of this contract. For example, we will not be liable to reimburse you for the cost of finding alternative accommodation and/or transportation costs. Nor will we be liable to compensate you for any disappointment or other similar emotions which you may feel.
In these terms and conditions:
- “we”, “our”, “us” and similar words mean WCF Ltd (company number 02263148) T/A Herding Hill Farm, located at Herding Hill Farm, Shield Hill, Haltwhistle, NE49 9NW, whose registered office is at Crawhall, Brampton, Cumbria, CA8 1TN;
- “you”, “your” and similar words means the person making the booking for accommodation at Herding Hill Farm;
- “Deposit” means the amount you pay to us when you make your booking, which is 50% of the total payable. The purpose of this payment is to reserve your accommodation at Herding Hill Farm. Please ensure that you have appropriate holiday insurance cover for cancellations;
- “Noise Cash Bond” means £50 payable to us on arrival if you have booked more than three units together. The Noise Cash Bond will be returned to you at the end of your booking, provided that there has been no unreasonable noise from the units you have booked. On our on-line booking page: https://herdinghillfarm.campmanager.com/21790/Check-Availability/ we make it clear that we do not accept bookings of more than three units together except by prior arrangement directly with us. If separate bookings are made online for a total of more than three units and it turns out that in fact all the bookings are for the same group of people, then you may be requested to pay us a £50 per unit noise cash bond on arrival at Herding Hill Farm and we cannot guarantee that you will all be located together.
- “Final Payment” means the 50% balance of your payment to Us for your accommodation. The Final Payment must be paid not less than 30 days before the date of your planned arrival.
- “Parties” means groups of eight or more people staying on one or more units at Herding Hill Farm for purpose of celebrating an event or groups under the age of 21. For example, single sex, stag or hen parties. Herding Hill Farm is a family site and is not suitable for Parties. We reserve the right to ask Parties to leave Herding Hill Farm. If this happens then no refund will be given.
- Booking alterations – these cannot be made without our agreement. We will try to accept small changes in accommodation type or group members when reasonably possible and subject to £10 administration fee; but no date changes will be accepted.
- Additional Needs - Guests with additional needs and requirements are welcome, we request that you contact us in advance before you book on 01434 320175 to ensure that we have suitable accommodation for you. Our Access Statement can be found online at https://www.herdinghillfarm.co.uk/OnSite/Accessibility. Some accommodation and locations may not be suitable for holidaymakers with wheelchairs or mobility difficulties. If you don’t tell us we can’t be held responsible. We will try to accommodate any additional needs or requirements but can’t guarantee to always be able to.
- Cancellation by us. Very occasionally, we may have to cancel your booking. If we have to do so we will tell you as soon as possible and you can choose either to have a full refund, or accept any alternative arrangements offered to you, or book another holiday with us at the current price. We will have no further liability to you for this.
- Cancellation by You. If you cancel your booking 8 weeks or more before the date of your planned arrival, you do not have to make the Final Payment, and your Deposit will be refunded less a £20 administration fee. If you cancel your booking less than 8 weeks before the date of your planned arrival and you have not made your Final Payment your Deposit will not be refundable. If you cancel your Booking less than 8 weeks before the date of your planned arrival and have made your Final Payment then neither your Deposit nor your Final Payment will be refundable. Where possible, and with your agreement, we are able to find an alternative date for your stay with us we will try to re-schedule your booking but this is entirely at our discretion and subject to availability. If we do agree alternative dates with you then your Final Payment and Deposit will not be refunded.
- If you choose to leave Herding Hill Farm before your scheduled date and time for departure for any reason no refund will be given. This includes if you leave because the weather is bad.
- Well-behaved dogs are welcome at Herding Hill Farm but must be kept on leads at all times. You must ensure that you always immediately clean up after your dog and be considerate to the needs of others at all times. Dogs are not permitted in the Luxury Lodge. Pets should not be left unattended in Wigwams or allowed to bother the animals at the Petting Farm.
- Dry stone walls and fences must not be climbed on or over.
- The play park must not be used before 9am or after 9pm or dusk in the Winter months. You are responsible for children in your group at all times when they are at Herding Hill Farm, including when they are on the play park.
- We do not provide any supervision at the play park or at the petting farm and by allowing your children to use the play park and visit the petting farm, you are agreeing that you will continue to supervise them and to take responsibility for their behaviour whilst in the play park or petting farm. You are responsible for ensuring that you and anyone in your group who touches an animal in the petting farm, washes afterwards. Please do not feed the animals.
- We do not provide any supervision of the hot tubs at Herding Hill Farm. You use the hot tub at your own risk and you are responsible for the safety of you and your group when using the hot tub.
- There is a pond at Herding Hill Farm. We do not provide any supervision of the pond. Swimming and paddling in the pond is not safe and is not permitted. Entry in to the environs of the pond is at your own risk and you are responsible for the safety of you and your group when there.
- We are not responsible for your property whilst it is at Herding Hill Farm. We will not be liable to you for any loss or damage to your property howsoever it is caused unless it is caused by our deliberate or negligent act.
- You must not sublet your accommodation or any part of it during your stay or transfer your booking to anyone else.
- We will give the keys to your accommodation to you at the beginning of your stay and collect the keys at the end of your stay.
- You must leave the accommodation in a clean and tidy condition at the end of your stay.
- All facilities advertised on our website are subject to availability and may not always be available during your stay. We will not be liable to you if it is not, nor will we give you a refund. This is the case whether or not the non-availability is our fault. We will always try to have all our facilities available to the extent we reasonably can.
- Any faults damage or breakages must be reported as soon as possible to us and you must pay the cost of any damage or breakages caused by you or your group.
- We retain the right to enter the holiday accommodation at any time.
- No fires or firepits allowed except at the Wigwams where the firepit is provided by us (at a charge). BBQ’s must only to be used off the ground and well away from benches, Wigwams, decking or tents and must be of an approved type that is fit for purpose. All our accommodation is non-smoking and smoking and use of E-cigarettes are not permitted in any accommodation
- As Herding Hill Farm is in a rural location, wi-fi speeds can vary and sometimes there is no access at all. We do not guarantee that wi-fi will be available at all times during your stay and we do not accept any liability to you for any losses which may be caused by there being either no or inadequate wi-fi during your stay for whatever reason.
- The total number in your group (including children and babies) must not exceed the maximum capacity of the accommodation or pitch.
- We do not accept bookings from or allow anyone to stay who is listed on the Violent and Sex Offenders Register.
- Behaviour that is inappropriate, disruptive, noisy, offensive or likely to cause any harm or upset to other guests, staff or property will not be tolerated. If you are found to be disturbing other guests we will ask you to leave and no refund will be given.
- Our liability to you. Nothing in these terms and conditions is intended to limit or exclude any liability which we may have to you for death or personal injury.
Caravans, Motorhomes and Camping
- Caravan & Camping arrival is from 2pm. If you are going to arrive later. If you are going to arrive late than 8pm please let us know in advance so that there is somebody available to welcome you. After 11pm you may be asked to stay in the car park until the following morning to avoid disturbing other guests. Pitches must be vacated by noon. You are welcome to stay longer if we can accommodate you and a small charge may be applicable, please ask us.
- The maximum occupancy of a tent/caravan pitch should not exceed the stated numbers for that type of tent, motorhome or caravan.
Visitors are welcome. Please report to reception upon arrival to receive your visitor’s parking pass and to ensure that for safety and security reasons we know who is on site at any time. Space restrictions mean that we can only allow one vehicle per pitch and only one additional vehicle in the car park. A £5 per day charge applies for the additional vehicle.
- The Luxury Lodge is no-smoking accommodation. No smoking or vaping is permitted anywhere inside the Luxury Lodge, including on the patio area.
- No dogs are allowed in the Luxury Lodge.
- Check in time is 3pm onwards and must be vacated by 10am on the day of your departure.
- To prevent noise disturbance to the rest of Herding Hill Farm, the Hot Tub is not to be used after 10.30pm.
- The Luxury Lodge is designed to accommodate six people. This includes a maximum of four adults. These limits must not be exceeded unless by prior arrangement.
- Arrival time for Wigwams is from 3pm. If you are going to arrive later than 8pm please let us know so that there is somebody available in advance to welcome you. After 11pm you will not be allowed to take your vehicle onto site until the following morning to avoid disturbing other guests. Wigwams must be vacated by 10am on the day of your departure.
- Please remember to bring your own crockery, bedding, towels and pillows unless you want to hire them from us (at a a charge).
- Wigwams are designed to accommodate a maximum of five people depending on the individual cabin specification highlighted on our website. This limit must not be exceeded.
- Use of our hot tubs is subject to your acceptance of the terms and conditions of safe use outlined in our safety information which will be provided on your arrival at the site.
- Hot tubs must be booked for the whole duration of your stay. The hot tubs are for the use of the Wigwam occupants only. If any other person of your group would like to have use then a £10 per night charge is applicable payable at reception. The maximum occupancy of the hot tub (generally no more than 5) must never be exceeded.
- Absolutely no glass to be taken into the hot tubs. Plastic glasses only.
- The tubs must be vacated by 10.30pm to avoid noise nuisance and for the safety of guests.
- A charge may be applied for any damage or excessive cleaning.
- No children under 5 are to use the hot tub and children under 14 must be accompanied by an adult at all times.